Hereford Market – URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT
31st MARCH 2020
DROP & GO
NOTE – WE ARE NOW ALSO SELLING CULL EWES THIS WEDNESDAY
PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE WITH YOUR ENTRIES
SALE OF HOGGETTS, SPRING LAMBS, CULL EWES AND STORE HOGGS – THIS WEDNESDAY 1ST APRIL –
SALE OF PRIME HOGGETTS & SPRING LAMBS – 10.00am
CULL EWES – 11.00am
SALE OF STORE HOGGS – 11.30am
NO BREEDING STOCK AND NO CALVES
We have taken the decision to hold an auction market of Hoggetts, Spring Lambs, Cull Ewes and Store Hoggs this Wednesday. There will not be a sale of any breeding stock this week. The sale of baby calves will be reviewed again for next week.
IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE KNOW WHAT IS COMING. ALL STOCK MUST BE BOOKED IN PRIOR TO ARRIVAL.
WE WILL BE LIMITING NUMBERS in order to regulate the trade and provide a safe working environment to our staff and purchasers.
SHEEP VENDORS – SALE WEDNESDAY 1st APRIL
- All vendors must PRE-BOOK ALL their stock to the auctioneers by Tuesday 31st March at 5.00pm:01432 761882 or
Robert Meadmore 07774 763971
Matthew Nicholls 07811 521267
Greg Christopher 07770 972815
It is essential that we know what numbers are coming, as we may need to limit numbers.
- ALL vendors MUST remain in their vehicles. Vendors must reverse on to the loading bays and stay in their vehicles whilst a member of our staff unloads your stock. Licenses will be collected at the loading bays – we require the top two copies (white and pink), please separate these before you arrive.
- Once your trailer has been unloaded, VENDORS MUST LEAVE THE MARKET PREMISES. This rule must be strictly obeyed otherwise operations will be brought to a standstill. Any instructions can be left with the auctioneer when you enter your stock.
- Vendors’ prime hoggetts and lambs will be graded, sorted, weighed and penned in the usual way. Store hoggs and cull ewes will be penned on arrival.
- Please make sure that there is a contactable telephone number on the licence, preferably a mobile and landline and email address if available so that we can contact you in due course with a report of the prices achieved.
- There will be no lorry wash and no market canteen.
We understand that ideally vendors will want to see their stock graded and weighed, but under the circumstances we cannot allow this to happen. This is the ONLY way we can operate in order to mitigate the spread of this virus, protect all concerned and adhere to government guidelines. The alternative is that markets will shut completely, and this will ultimately prove to be a very bleak prospect for vendors and create an environment where there is no market competition, which will lead to a severe depression in the price of the commodity.
We are truly sorry for the authoritarian regulations, but the more that adhere to this simple procedure the easier and longer we will be able to operate and provide a competitive market place for your stock.
- ALL BUYERS MUST register their intent of attending the market with the auctioneer PRIOR to attending the market. Any buyer just turning up without prior warning will be told to leave the premises immediately.
- Any buyer showing the symptoms of the virus must not attend.
- During the auction all buyers MUST WEAR FACE MASKS AND GLOVES. Please bring your own if possible as supplies are very short.
- All buyers must keep a distance of 2 metres apart from any other person at all times whilst they are in attendance at the market and practice all the health advice given.
- At the end of the sale, buyers will not be allowed into the market office and must communicate their invoicing instructions to our clerical staff through the office window. This will be done one at a time whilst still maintaining the social distancing rule of 2 metres.
- Buyers will be asked to sanitise their hands before and after the sale.
These are unprecedented times and we thank you for your cooperation in advance. We need to work together to get through these next few months the safest way we can, so we can hopefully return to a period of normality.
Again, if you are not content to abide by these rules, then please do not come.
Any queries please contact: 01432 761882