Updated 3.6.20 1.20pm
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: COVID-19
STORE CATTLE VENDORS
Store cattle, barren cows and bulls only, but special sales of cows and calves and breeding bulls are to be held on 2nd and 4th Thursdays – please see catalogues tab for further details
ALL CATTLE NEED TO BE BOOKED WITH THE OFFICE FOR ALL SALES –
PLEASE CHECK WITH THE OFFICE FOR DEADLINES
A “Drop and Go” procedure will be adopted as follows:
- All vendors whilst unloading their cattle must remain outside the cattle penning area. They will be expected to unload their cattle into the loading bays, and then immediately return to their vehicles and LEAVE THE MARKET PREMISES.
- Our staff will collect the passports and entry forms from you at your vehicles. It is imperative that you make sure your passports are fully signed and entry forms completed before you arrive at the market. Please adopt safe hygiene practice when completing and signing your passports.
- Vendors can leave their instructions with the auctioneers by telephone or make a note of any reserves on the entry forms.
- We would encourage vendors to number their cattle at home where possible, however if this is not practicable our staff will number the cattle for you when they are penned.
- Vendors will not be allowed into the market office, sale ring or penning areas. Vendors must leave the market once their cattle are unloaded. This rule must be strictly observed. We will contact vendors after the sale to report the sale prices achieved via email. To be clear vendors will not be allowed in the sale ring.
- If you are not content with these rules then please do not bring your cattle.
STORE CATTLE BUYERS:
- ALL BUYERS MUST REGISTER their intention to come to the market prior to the morning of the sale as we may need to limit the number of buyers able to attend. Any buyer that has not registered with the auctioneers WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN TO THE MARKET.
- When buyers arrive at the market, they must keep a distance of at least 2 metres away from any member of staff and any other buyers.
- During the sale buyers must socially distance themselves around the sale ring by at least 2 metres. The sale ring is large enough to socially space yourselves.
- After the sale buyers’ invoices’ will be dealt with in the usual way but buyers must keep a social distance of 2 metres away from each other.
- Buyers must sanitise their hands before and after the sale and practice the government health advice and guidelines given.
- There will be no market canteen.
- NO BUYER WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THE OFFICE AREAS.
- When loading cattle buyers must still maintain social distancing from any persons or member of staff in the penning areas. As soon as your business is concluded please leave the market as soon as possible.
These are unprecedented times and we thank you for your cooperation in advance. We need to work together to get through these next few months the safest way we can, so we can hopefully return back to a period of normality.
Again, if you are not content to abide by these rules, then please do not come.